Maximum Performance for Entry-Level RAID Adapters
Series 8E RAID adapters can also be coupled with 12 Gbps SSDs, providing maximum read/write bandwidth and IOPS for the most performance-hungry applications. The 512 MB DDR3 (1600 MHz) built-in cache (recommended for read and write-through caching) provides maximum acceleration.
Ideal for entry-level 12 Gbps servers and workstations for redundant boot support and I/O intensive applications such as databases or video editing.
• 12 Gbps throughput at each port.
• 4- and 8-port low-profi le MD2 with support for a maximum of 4 and 8 devices respectively.
• Mixed mode RAID adapter and HBA functionality.
• 12 Gbps and 6 Gbps compatibility with HDD or SSD SAS/SATA devices.
• 12 Gbps throughput per SAS port using mini-SAS HD connectors.
• Microsemi's 12 Gbps RAID-on-Chip (ROC), x8 PCIe Gen3 interface with 12 Gbps SAS ports to enable a new generation of performance.
• 512 MB DDR3 (1600 MHz) cache.
• Up to 500K IOPS.Features• Flexible Configuration: HBA Mode & Auto Volume Mode for automatic deployment.
• Optimized Disk Utilization (Multiple Arrays per disk).
• Support for native 4K sector SAS and SATA devices in addition to 512byte sector devices.
• Supported RAID levels: 0, 1, and 10.
• Hybrid RAID 1 & 10.
• Quick initialization.
• Online Capacity Expansion.
• Copyback Hot Spare.
• Dynamic caching algorithm.
• Native Command Queuing (NCQ).
• Background initialization.
• Hot-plug drive support.
• RAID Level Migration.
• Hot spares - global, dedicated, and pooled.
• Automatic/manual rebuild of hot spares.
• SES and SAF-TE enclosure management.
• Configurable stripe size.
• Dual Firmware.
• S.M.A.R.T. support.
• Multiple arrays per disk drive.
• Dynamic sector repair.
• Staggered drive spin-up.
• Bootable array support.
• Support for tape devices, autoloaders.
• MSI-X support for all device driver for all supported Operating Systems.
• Secure boot support for the uEFI host BIOS.
• USB image available, after shipping, on start.microsemi.com to boot maxView GUI from any USB device for enhanced GUI based setup and offline maintenance.
||4 x SFF-8643
||PCIe 3.0 x8
|Low Profile Compatible