Windows Server 2019 Standard - Additional 2-Core Add-On License (At Point of Sale ONLY)
This edition is designed for physical or minimally virtualized environments. This uses a Core-based licensing model & requires the purchase of WS CALs.
Why Standard Edition?
• Deliver enhancements to core Windows Server functionality.
• Enable developers to create cloud native apps and modernize traditional apps using containers and micro-services.
• Increase security and reduce business risk with multiple layers of protection built into the operating system.
Standard Edition Key Features:
• Core Windows Server Functionality.
• Hybrid integration.
• Up to 2x OSEs/Hyper-V Containers.
• Unlimited Windows Server Containers.
• Host Guardian Service.
• Up to 2TB Single Volume Storage Replica.
Datacenter and Standard Edition per-Core Licensing
Windows Server 2019 Datacenter and Standard editions are licensed by physical core. Licenses are sold in 2-packs and 16-packs.
Minimum License Requirements:
• All physical cores must be licensed.
• 8 core licenses per processor.
• 16 core licenses per server.
Standard Edition License Stacking for OSEs
• Standard edition is licensed for 2 operating system environments (OSEs) or Hyper-V containers. Additional OSEs require additional licenses.
*Datacenter edition is licensed for unlimited OSEs.
This POS (Point of Sale) product includes a single (1) license authorising an additional 2-Cores on a single (1) server, and MUST be purchased simultaneously alongside a Windows Server 2019 Standard 16-Core or 24-Core License+Media Package. Any combination of additional 2, 4, & 16 core POS licenses can also be purchased at the same time to match the core-count of your server. All Physical Cores in your server must be licensed.
This license is NOT valid if purchased after the point of sale of a Windows Server 2019 Standard 16-Core or 24-Core License+Media Package.
CAL (Client Access Licenses) are not included with this product, and must be purchased separately to use this server software. These are available in 1 or 5 user Packs, or alternatively in 1 or 5 Device Packs, allowing you the flexibility to choose the number & type of CAL packs to suit your business or organisation's needs.
Installation Media is not included with this product.