Intel continues its legacy of Ethernet leadership by introducing a 10/40 gigabit family of adapters powered by the Intel Ethernet X710 Controller code-named Fortville.
The X710 adapter family addresses the demanding needs of the next-generation agile data center by providing unmatched features for both server and network virtualization, flexibility for LAN and SAN networks and proven, reliable performance.
Leading 10/40 GbE Performance
The X710 adapter family delivers superior performance with a theoretical throughput of 80 Gb/s (40 Gb/s TX; 40 Gb/s Rx) bidirectional throughput (quad-port adapter required), in a PCI Express v3.O x8 slot. Optimized performance vectors and key uses include:
• Small Packet Performance: Achieves wire-rate throughput on smaller payload sizes (>128 Bytes for 40 GbE and >64 Bytes for 10 GbE
• Bulk Transfer Performance: Delivers line-rate performance with low CPU usage for large application buffers
• Virtualized Performance: Alleviates hypervisor I/O bottlenecks by providing flow separation for Virtual Machines (VMS)
• Network Virtualization: Network virtualization overlay offloads including Geneve, VXLAN, and NVGRE
• Storage Performance: Enables competitive performance with native OS drivers and intelligent offload for NAS (NPS, SMB), and SAN (SCSI and FCOE)
• Dual- and quad-port 10 GbE adapters.
• PCI Express* (PCIe) 3.0, x8.
• Exceptional Low Power Adapters.
• Network Virtualization offloads including Geneve, VXLAN and NVGRE.
• Intel. Ethernet Flow Director for hardware based application traffic steering.
• Intel Data Plane Developer Kit (DPDK) optimized for efficient packet processing.
• Excellent small packet performance for network appliances and Network Function Virtualization (NFV).
• Intelligent offloads to enable high performance with Intel Xeon processor-based servers.
• I/O virtualization innovations for maximum performance in a virtualized server.
• Unified networking providing a single wire support for LAN and storage: NAS (SMB, NFS) and SAN (iSCSI, FCoE).
Please note: This Network Card is supplied as Low-Profile ONLY. Full-size Bracket not included, sold separately.